A special subsection for the 899
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files

Post by toratora » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Today was the Brno race so I went out to the D-Store to watch it. Then MT Mike, and I went to the Westfield for lunch. A nice target rich environment. Was a nice little bit of riding. :paw_prints:
2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Undeveloped Amygdalae

Post by toratora » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:39 pm

I was out of soy sauce, salt, and a few other items which meant I needed to make a trip to the store. I decided to visit the Grocery Outlet as they have a nice selection of these sorts of things. On the way there I noticed a lot of flashing lights. It turned out to be the remains of someone’s underdeveloped amygdala adventure.

I didn’t see it happen, and I didn’t see the rider. From what I was told by people at the scene the rider on a Yamaha R1 smashed into the back of the Ford Focus flying over the car, and landed on the Rodeo.

Parts of the bike were everywhere. They even made it across the street. The rear axel of the Focus was moved about 20cm forward.

From what I saw I would surmise the rider was probably quite young, featuring a very under developed amygdala—together with an R1 is a deadly combination. People in these states do not have the ability to resist being stupid, and irresponsible. These photos illustrate what happens when young riders get on bikes that are well beyond their ability be that skill wise, or their mentality.

The soy sauce? Yeah I picked it up, and made it home safely. Mostly due to my fully developed amygdala. :paw_prints:
3 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Port Costa

Post by toratora » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Yesterday I received a message from a friend about a ride. He asked if I was interested. It sounded like fun so I woke up early enough to make it. Unfortunately my friend did not, but I went on the ride anyway. It was a good bit of fun with four of us. Monkey and Corinne on SV650s, Seth on his Tiger, and me on the Panigale. It was a fun route through the Berkeley back hills up to Port Costa.

We met up in Berkeley, and then rode out to the wall. It was a little bit hazy today, so we could see the islands, but SF was a little bit hard to make out.

Up at the Wall we also met a couple of cats riding the hills on Zumas. These roads are a blast on little bikes. Probably even more fun than on the big ones!

Over all the roads were in very nice shape. There wasn’t even much dust or debris to be found, however there were a lot of bumps. I found myself in want of a tool to adjust my suspension to make it more compliant. It turns out the the Panigale key was deigned to be a screw driver to adjust the suspension—or at least I found it conveniently so.

Because the ride was designed to be a quick little outing before we knew it the adventure was over, and we had arrived at Port Costa. A sleepy little town right on the edge of the Carquinez strait. We hung out here for a bit enjoying the breeze, and atmosphere. Then it was back on the bikes heading for home. I made a side trip to visit my friends at Treats. It was nice to see the guys again as it so seldomly occurs now that they are in the east bay. After our little visit I joined the commuters for the battle to cross the Bay Bridge back to San Francisco. :paw_prints:
2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: T-Mobile Tuesday

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Every Tuesday T-Mobile does some sort of affair with their app. This Tuesday was a double header. They gave out hats, and a free burger. Seemed like a great reason to go for a ride on the Panigale. :paw_prints:

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Errands Desu

Post by toratora » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Had to runs some errands today, so I stopped in to visit Jeff for a bit.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: September 3rd 2017

Post by toratora » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 pm

September 2017 my friend Bruce came over from Japan to visit. He rented a Sportster to ride around the SF Bay Area. We went for a trip to Alices, Bolder Creek, and the surrounding area. It was quite a nice ride. I remember that day being so hot that I started suffering symptoms of heat stroke.

I hope Bruce gets a chance to come visit and ride again. :paw_prints:

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Legal Assistance

Post by toratora » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:39 pm

The landlord has been getting medieval lately, so I’ve found myself in need of some proper assistance.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Nihon Machi Desu

Post by toratora » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:39 pm

JM came up from Santa Cruz for a visit today, so we met up in Japan town.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Zukachi

Post by toratora » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:39 am

If you own a Zukachi, and fill out a bunch of stuff on their website they let you download a very high resolution of their HyperMotard Give-Away bike.
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Panigale Files: Doing it in the Dirt

Post by toratora » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:39 pm

Yesterday I went dirt bike riding in Bolder Creek. I also enjoyed some 236 action. Over-all it was quite a bit of riding. :paw_prints:

1 x