Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RGPR: GPR World Domination!

Post by toratora » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:39 pm

My efforts to have the world dominated by Derbi GPRs has yet again made progress. It's no secret that I've been letting Richard ride around on the Silver GPR. Most recently he got to ride it at GPR Camp. I think this was the third of forth ride he'd been out on riding the GPR. Well yesterday he picked up a GPR75 for himself! Welcome to the brotherhood! :)

This is almost exactly the same as my first GPR which eventually became known as the Red bike—a life changing experience to be sure. :lol:

0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RGPR: Missed Connections

Post by toratora » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 pm

When Richard went out to get his bike they couldn't get it started. The PO had replaced the CDI unit with one from what appears to be an RS50. If you look at it you can see that the PO can't read Italian, nor the letters that give it away. The red wire is where the white wire should be, and the white wire is where the red wire should be. I suggested to Richard that he swap these two wires. He did so and the bike started right up.

The next thing to do will be to connect the white/black wire to the green/black wire. On the Derbi CDIs the green/black wire connects to the fourth tab, but on the RS50 the white/black wire is for the kill switch. Same function as the green/black wire. They both connect to ground.

Hopefully we'll get the rest of the bike sorted as easily. :lol:

0 x