Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Working for the Weekend

Post by toratora » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Getting ready for this weekend's riding. Had to do some chain adjustments today. I did forget to switch out the front sprocket on the PMPR. lolz

I cleaned and lubed the chain on the Malossi bike. This chain needs to be replaced too. Have to check in with Benji to see if he can get me a 136 link chain for it.

We have a brand new bicycle park opening up in San Francisco tomorrow. There will be some festive action going on. Rode by there today to check it out.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: SF Events Desu

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 pm

We had two big cultural events in San Francisco today. The opening of the McLaren Bicycle Park, and Jimmy's Picnic in the Park—a gathering of vintage automobiles (and some motos).

And then I rode over to the Golden Gate park where they hold Jimmy's. Lots of V twins were there!

Rode up Twin Peaks on the way home. ;)

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Out of the Park

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Rj_666;4339882 wrote:The bike park looks like a BLAST !
I rode over there on the moto today—had too many things to accomplish. The kids seemed to be having a great time. I'll be checking it out with my BMX Action soon enough. ;)
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Friday Night Ride

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:39 am

Finally made it back out to the Friday Night Ride last night. Was a good time. ;)

I was surprised how some of the guys have gotten way more aggressive. A Motocompo showed up. It got dropped very quickly, but it was cool to see it out there. ;)

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Project Bell

Post by toratora » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 am

Denee007 wrote:Awesome pictures! and I really like that Bell helmet;)
Somehow I've managed to get a lot of riding in this year. Still seems like not enough! lolz

I like that helmet a lot too. Sadly it's about to expire. It's basically good until April, but I already feel it moving around on my head when I ride the 899. The current Bells don't really have a bright helmet in the line up. The closest one to something I like has nearly a total black front profile. I get it for track, but on the street it's good to be seen! This helmet would be great if they switched the black and white areas.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Riding with Doc

Post by toratora » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:39 pm

Road with the big boys today. In our group no one could touch me on 236. On the long straight up hills though I got dropped. lolz

It was a super fun ride. Obviously I didn't lead today as I didn't have enough bike. Our group lead though has amazing skills, and it was super fun to chase him through the twisties. Super fun group today--and no one from our group crashed. <3

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: San Francisco Riding

Post by toratora » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Went on a nice evening buzz around SF tonight with Rob D. and Joe. Rob was on his ATK, and Joe brought out what I call the H4 (KH400)—a wicked cool Kawasaki triple that was so rad I thought I was riding with Raimu Senpai!!

We are really lucky to have a bunch of fun roads, and beautiful vistas.

0 x

Karim

Re: PPMPR: Project Poor Man's Pro Race

Post by Karim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Nice work. Easily getting 35kph more out of the bike than I am.
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Re: PPMPR: Project Poor Man's Pro Race

Post by toratora » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah this bike moves out fairly well. I've no problem keeping up with cars at freeway speeds. ;)
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Where are the Brakes?

Post by toratora » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

On the Doc Wong ride in October I lost the front brake. I thought it was from over heating the brake fluid. Boy was I wrong! To remedy this situation I went out to flush the fluid. While doing so I decided to take a look at the pads. I had thought that I had new Ferodos in this bike, but I was way wrong. I don't know what these pads were, but they totally delaminated under heat. Things are cleaned up now, and there are some new Ferodo pads in there too.

Here's a nice trick. Cut and X into the cap of a water bottle, and you'll have a handy little run off for your brake fluid.

When doing brake work make sure to protect the painted parts because brake fluid will quickly damage them.

Another trick is to leave most of the foil on the brake fluid bottle. Poke in two holes, one slightly larger then the other. This provides a nice controlled way to fill up the reservoir.

I have a MityVac with the attachments, but I wasn't at home, so I just used some hose. It worked fine.

Another thing I like to do is put a small bevel on the leading edge of the brake pad. This keeps them from squealing.

0 x