Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike

Post by toratora » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Picked up something really nice at Treats today for the track bike.

► Show Spoiler
2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike: Nor*Cal Cycles Dyno Day: Report

Post by toratora » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Saturday March 31st was Dyno Day at Nor*Cal Cycles. They not only ran free runs on the dyno they provided a yummy lunch. I shot some video so hopefully I can make a decent edit out of it. My bike had trouble on the Dyno. Not really sure why though. The bike was couldn't pull the dyno all the way into full throttle. I did get one run in third gear that did okay, but that was about it. Still wasn't opened up all the way though.
► Show Spoiler
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike: Track Day Prep

Post by toratora » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 pm

It was time to prep the track bike for the Monday event. I hadn’t been able to get the bike running recently, and I suspect the cold has had a lot to do with it, but I also found that the throttle adjuster had been wound way out. This would also make the bike hard to start since the carb would be open keeping a rich mixture from occurring to help get the engine going.

With the engine sussed out, and the bike running well again I did a quick check on the tire pressure. The bike should be ready to go tomorrow. It will be fun to ride it again, as it’s been far too long. :paw_prints:

2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike: Mini Pictorial

Post by toratora » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:39 pm

While waiting for Mike today I got a hand full of photos.

3 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike: Grabbers

Post by toratora » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm

One of the issues plaguing the Derbi track bike has been the clutch lever. I didn’t want to employ the stock lever because it didn’t need the switch gear. One of the parts track bikes came with some janky assed lever which I ended up using, but it is very painful to actuate.

On the 05 and up GPRs the bikes came with a larger Domino lever that is similar to a GSX-R, and R1 lever. I’m currently employing that lever on the PMPR bike. Last week T-Mobile had an eBay special going on so I utilized it to pick up a lever from an R1 of all things.

Sadly the photo on eBay did not illustrate that the lever was pre-mangled.

The eBay photographs were all cropped or angled to hide the damage to the lever. I’m going to have to contact the seller about this issue. :paw_prints:
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike: Grabbers Part II

Post by toratora » Fri May 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Replaced the clutch lever with the R1. It is slightly better, but not by much. The lever was bent. I was able to straighten it a little bit, but not enough.

There was a lot of damage to the lever that wasn’t illustrated by the photos on eBay.

The nice thing about the cheap lever is that it could be bolted on. The R1 perch has to be slid on. It was easier to remove the half bar than remove the grip. The feel isn't as good as the Derbi version of the same level. Will have to check into it. :paw_prints:
1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Derbi GPR Track Bike

Post by toratora » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm

2 x