Support GPR Camp!!

Restoration Derbi GPR 50 R . France project

Create a thread about your bike.
RemS

Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001: Radiators

Post by RemS » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:10 am

Hello to everybody

Could somebody tell me with certainty, on which models, or rather on which years, the cooling radiator was painted in black, and from which year it was painted in grey

thank you
0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001: Radiators

Post by toratora » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 am

Hey Rems,

I've only ever seen them not painted at all. Every Derbi radiator I've seen has been just the unpainted aluminum, unless someone painted it after they bought it. I did this on the DRP to keep it from corroding.
1 x

RemS

Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001 Is is Black?

Post by RemS » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:30 am

I was persuaded that the first ones model of Derbi GPR (on 1997? I am wrong?) had the radiator of black color. Then that hit had risen aluminum raw (gross), thus grey. I thus asked me question to know in which year it would have changed. Finally, I go back up (raise) my motorcycle dates grey/blue (bruise) as it is one of first colors, I wonder if the radiator was not black!!??

Can you confirm me that the grey/blue model is product in Spain in 1998?

Thank you the guys
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001: Black is Black

Post by toratora » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 am

Hey Rems,

If you check out Jay’s project you can see his radiator is black, but he may have coated it. You could ask him about it. His bike is probably a 98, or 99 GPR.
1 x

jkv357
Replica: '99 GPR EBE-075

Re: Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001 . France project

Post by jkv357 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:34 pm

^ That's mine, which is registered as a 2000 EBE-075.

I've made some changes to it, but the radiator was black originally.
2 x

RemS

Re: Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R 2001 . France project

Post by RemS » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Thanks guys
2 x

RemS

Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R: Frames

Post by RemS » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Back from the painter .
the big LEGO will be able to start ... .
and surprise!
he made me another 🙂
2 x

RemS

Re: Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R . France project

Post by RemS » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi everybody

I do research on Metrakit exhaust pipe.

someone could provide me with images of the different models of the brand for Derbi Gpr (97/03) specificly?

Metrakit sp derbi gpr?
Metrakit pro race derbi gpr?

is this good for cylinders 70 cc metrakit pro race 70cc €2 / metrakit Sp 70 cc €2 .?

someone knows the manufacturer’s references for these 2 exhaust pipe?

I'm looking for a pro race pipe ( i have a 70 prorace II cylinder).

One of you sell one?
Or, can you tell me where I can still hope to find one?

Thanks
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Restoration: Metrakit

Post by toratora » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:39 am

Metrakit SP Pipe

Metrakit Pro Race Pipe

Project Poor Man’s Pro Race
Hey Rems,

Maxiscoot can get Metrakit top ends, and they probably can get pipes too, as a special order. I don’t think the specs for these pipes were ever published. The silencers are quite heavy so make sure to properly support them. Otherwise the stingers will break—don’t ask me how I know. :shock:

I did some port maps for the older versions of the Metrakit cylinders many years ago.

I like Metrakit products quite a bit. They have always served me well, and are probably still one of the best options for the Euro2 engines. Back when I knew very little about these things I had a Pro Race top end that seized coming down the back side of a long hill where on the way up I out rode some liter bikes. 8-)

At the time it was impossible to find new Metrakit stuff in the States, but I was able to get an Airsal kit. I attempted to make the exhaust port on the Airsal match the Metrakit. This was my first attempt at doing any port mods. I really didn’t have any idea what I was doing at the time. I went based on things that I had read, and it came out fairly well.

Obviously because the two cylinders have a different port layout I couldn’t make it the same, but I got close, and this was a great cylinder for many years—until a failed water res cap happened seizing that one too. :(

There’s a bunch of info about this in the Poor Man’s Pro Race thread.

Currently that bike has one of the new Stage6 Big Racing BR77 kits installed. It also has the Top Performance Red Box, which I think I’m going to replace as the combination isn’t very street friendly. That bike also has a Pro Race pipe installed, however, one that’s probably for an AM6. :?
0 x

RemS

Re: Restoration DERBI GPR 50 R . France project

Post by RemS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Thank you very much for your information!

my questions are about old metrakit products

I am not interested in new metrakit products ( version 3 )

I look for information about the old pieces, which correspond to the Derbi motorcycles of the epoch ( grp 97 for example)
know that today the real metrakit no longer exists! it now belongs to Athena , and no longer has the charm of the time of our motorcycles of the year 2000.
and I’m sure you, toratora, have knowledge about this subject!!!

It's very funny,I am currently making the engine of the gpr with a cylinder 77 bigracing stage6...
but I want to make a second engine with metrakit pieces that best match the racing spirit of this machine and this DERBI brand
for information, I personally know the maxiscoot team. my shop works for them on the RUN competition help.
I’m driving a scooter on the French speed championship, with a stage6 engine (RT)...

I also know scootfast , damsport . they are all French, but they are found in outside countries for stories of leases and taxes :) / :(

I hope I don’t look like someone who’s pretentious. I go to the simplest and I use a translator. Anyway, I like you a lot toratora.
2 x