toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Motorcycle Film Icon Bruce Brown Dies at 80

Post by toratora » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm

https://rideapart.com/articles/motorcyc ... wn-dies-80
Tod Rafferty wrote:Bruce Brown, the creator/director of On Any Sunday – inarguably the best motorcycle racing film ever made – passed yesterday in his sleep at home in Santa Barbara, California. He was 80 years old. His previous film, 1966's The Endless Summer, brought the world of surfing to a similarly wide audience around the world.

“At the time, surfers were considered losers,” Brown told the Orange County Register in 2014. “You didn’t want to tell anyone you were a surfer. (The film) showed the general public we were good guys.”
► Show Spoiler
1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Thank You, Bruce Brown, And Goodbye

Post by toratora » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:05 pm

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/than ... SOC&dom=fb
Ken Lee wrote:Dec 11th 2017

A tribute to the man who helped change our sport.

“Damn, I really wish I’d been along on that ride.” That thought is the legacy filmmaker Bruce Brown left in my life.
Not that I had the good fortune of knowing Bruce personally. But by applying his signature touch in sharing his passion for surfing and motorcycling through his two most iconic films, The Endless Summer (1966) and On Any Sunday (1971), he adopted millions of fans into his world and made us at least feel like we had just met our new best friend. The fact that he narrated his own films gave everyone a personal connection to Bruce as well as the story playing out on screen. That, and so much more, is the magic Bruce Brown brought to so many lives.
► Show Spoiler
1 x