0 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Project Poor Man's Pro Race

Post by toratora » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:10 pm

It's not really that bad. It's a hassle because I will have to drain all of the transmission oil out, pull off the clutch cover, clean it out real well, and then replace the water pump seals. But not really that difficult. Today I buttoned up the DRP bike so that I'll have some room to work on the PMPR. :P
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Pancake Mix

Post by toratora » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:39 pm

The PMPR blew a water seal so it needed to get some attention. I got a start on it, and will need to source some seals, but I want to inspect things first. I'm letting it drain for now...

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Project Poor Man's Pro Race

Post by toratora » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 am

Steve / AF1 Racing;4466575 wrote:Beautiful work Rob. Love that colorscheme. It's so cool to see one in such good condition. The last few I've seen in person are pretty hammered.
Thanks! I like this bike a lot, and it's been a lot of work. But it needs a bunch of things, as you'll see when I start catching up with this thread. :P

Super fun to ride because it inspirers so much confidence. The livery is one of my favorites for this body style. The tail section had had the decals pulled off before I got it, so I copied the swoosh with paint. The blue masking tape bled a bit so the line isn't so happy—that was rather disappointing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eventually though I have some time to put into the body work. I need to source some resources like decals, a place to paint, etc., and then I'll be able to bring the plastics up to the level of the other bits. I'd really like to find a place that could make decals like how these were made. Then I could design my own graphics, and have them printed. I've seen them for Sendas, but I haven't seen them for GPRs of any body type. Since I have four of the five GPR body types (and hopefully I'll eventually get the remaining one), I would be quite happy to be able to redo all of them.

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Project Poor Man's Pro Race: Relubrication

Post by toratora » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Clean up was rather nasty. Some WD40 and Simple Green mostly. There was really no way to clean inside the transmission. I figured I'd run some tranny fluid for a while then drain it after it's had a while to clean things up a bit.

Things got buttoned up nicely. I didn't have any water pump seals around so I borrowed a clutch cover assembly from another engine for a while.

Once things were back together I did a little test ride, and it seemed much better. I also changed the front sprocket from a 15 to a 14. The idea being that it will be easier to keep it the R's up with lower gearing. I attended a few other little things on the bike, and then loaded it up. Too late for the ride today, but that's okay as there's always tomorrow. ;)

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Little Test Ride

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Did a little test ride over to RD's today. The bike is a lot of fun. It's more work to ride than it use to be because the power band is so high, but damn when you are in the band it's just rockin'!

2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Another Little Ride

Post by toratora » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Another quick hop to the D-Store to watch the GP Race. Then I popped up to Twin Peaks for some photos. On the way up there I passed a Panigale in a corner. Saw some Grommers up there too. Would have ridden with them, but they pulled off to hang out up there. Can't blame them as it's gorgeous up there.

The bike is mostly running well. Felt the front slip a little bit—that was strange for this bike. The engine is much better. Tops out really fast though with the 14/52 gearing. The CHT seem to be running in the high 90s (°C). The bike is easier to keep in the R's, but it can still fall out of them. It was much easier to ride it today than previously.

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: Bike Night at Cycle Gear

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Enjoyed another fun evening of bikes and pizza at Cycle Gear's bike night.

1 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: A Day at the Park

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm

There are many bodies of water in San Francisco's Golden Gate park. I visited a number of them today, but not all as there were some that I had forgotten—leaves opportunity for another adventure. ;)

2 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

PPMPR: San Francisco Imagery

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 am

1 x