Support GPR Camp!!

2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project

Create a thread about your bike.
Berkeley

RS4 50 on steroids =RSV4

Post by Berkeley » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:59 am

So i did it finally I got the big boy and man this thing flys, great to have the two bikes together!

2 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project - Swing Arm

Post by Berkeley » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am

Whist waiting over 2 months for the ohlins shock to arrive I decided to put the original one back .. and in doing so thought id paint the swing arm black.. looks much better .... I would love to power coat the entire frame but thats a bit of a mission.

Also I found out that the bolts for the rear sets were a bit too long so ended up doing some harm to the swing arm .... so now all fixed.. but the paint is a little on the delicate side.

Taking it to the car wash and finding out how much more comfortable the riding position is compared to the RSV4 1000

1 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

RSV and the Case of the Black Swinger

Post by toratora » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 am

That RSV is a beast! :scream_cat:

I don’t know why Aprilia didn’t do the frame and swing arm black on these bikes. It looks so much better. :paw_prints:
1 x

jkv357
Replica: '99 GPR EBE-075

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project - Swing Arm

Post by jkv357 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:53 am

Berkeley wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am
Whist waiting over 2 months for the ohlins shock to arrive I decided to put the original one back .. and in doing so thought id paint the swing arm black.. looks much better .... I would love to power coat the entire frame but thats a bit of a mission.
Your repair work looks good, as does the entire cycle.

Too bad you aren't closer (a lot closer...), powder coating is what I do.

Jay
www.apexcustomcoating.com
2 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project

Post by Berkeley » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:06 am

Ah, cheers, thanks for the contact!.

The thing is the bikes been off the road for 2 months ( had id known the parts for ohlins were on back stock, i would have asked for my shock back then sent it again when they had all the parts).. this way I would have lost a couple of weeks road use!The weather is getting to be good again for riding so dont really want to do a full strip down now.. maybe Christmas time???.. and PS im still waiting for the yasuni silencer to arrive.. 6 to 10 day lead time when I ordered.. been 4 weeks now!
0 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Upgrade Project - Out Riding Together

Post by Berkeley » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:32 am

Saturday I put the rest of the bike back together which meant Sunday we could go for our first ride with both bikes.. It was a bit wet to start with but finished up good!

I have to say riding the 1000 alongside the 50 was actually ok.. It would have been a problem if the bike was standard!.... however more track days for amaya as I think she forgot how to corner properly!

What made a massive improvement to the ride quality was having an intercom, this meant that she or I could ride ahead, say which way to go and give advice on riding and things to look out for. The SF2 Senas for the price were pretty good, however on an occasion when i whistled it reverb lasted for 10 mins and sometimes for no reason the interference and reverb got out of control.. but on the whole worth the money.

0 x

Berkeley

Re: RSV and the Case of the Black Swinger

Post by Berkeley » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 am

toratora wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 am
That RSV is a beast! :scream_cat:

I don’t know why Aprilia didn’t do the frame and swing arm black on these bikes. It looks so much better. :paw_prints:
Exactly.. just looking at the various colour schemes out there black is the way to go. On the RSV4 they have a lot of aftermarket carbon panels for the frame and swing arm ( which my one has), this covers it up a lot.

For the RS4 50 I havent seen any, however my dealer gave me a catalog of black carbon parts you can get for the bike, but the only panel I would like is the mid/tail section under the seat ( this looks like cheap plastic).. but its the only piece they do not have ahhhhh.

And yes the RSV4 is an absolute beast.. I shat myself the first time riding it , just the slightest twist of the throttle and shes away!.. you could say a bit too much for the road! but now getting used to her and with the great electronics package it takes the fear away a bit and give you the confidence in cornering and power delivery.... Also im booking myself in for a few pilot track days next month so get my level up!.
1 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Shocks

Post by Berkeley » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 am

Got confirmation that the ohlins parts are ready so time to fit the current one out for the spare I found on ebay.. Then only to find they had different serial numbers,mine 564406 and the spare 282710

Luckily the eyes apart are 295mm ( which i had 290mm written down when speaking to olle??). The only difference was the seat height by 5mm. I fitted it to the bike and seems ok.. should be good for a few weeks until the new shock arrives.

1 x

Berkeley

Re: 2018 Aprilia RS4 50 Euro 4 Yasuni Exhaust!!!

Post by Berkeley » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Ok so this time I thought well ill try to save some money .. So brought a second hand Yasuni R2 exhaust on Leboncoin, This including postage was 80 euros but the silencer was a bit worn and had a yellow weave for the carbon, so purchased a 50cc Supermoto Max series black carbon for 89.00 euros on Maxiscoot.com ... this took 6 weeks to come .. so USA guys I feel your pain! lol.

The exhaust came in rough so cleaned it up using toilet cleaner.. this worked excellent but oxidisation happened immediately and therefore had to paint it.

after toilet cleaner

after painting

I asked amaya to strip the bike ready and remove the exhaust.. mission accomplished! ( no help at all.. i was busy working!)

Comparing the two together the Yasuni is of course on the bottom, they seem to be the same size but a completely different shape

Thinking that the task was straight forward,it wasn't. The header connection was too long so cut it,but this was actually angled.. so bent the exhaust up s bit to get the tail end connection to line up.. It works but there is some play on it.. maybe that my doing but its working? I did see if the jolly moto parts fitted but unfortunately not, the header connection OD was too big!

It seemed to hook up ok
The tail end was a bit messy aligning everthing, it didnt want to but I got there.
On the jolly exhaust there were two rear fixing brackets.. On the Yasuni, only one so could be another reason for a bit of play?

Et Voila

So now for the start up!!!

One of the complaints from Amaya that it didn't sound deep enough.. Well its a 50cc but changing to the Yasuni it sure took out the tinny sound out of it , feeling the weight of the parts the Yasuni is heavier so that did help a bit , the ting ting in the chamber had quietened down and the sound out the back end was a bit softer.. so she was happy.

Performance and ride!!!

Taking her out for a test drive for sure the rpm limit is better, hitting 12.6k ish before it drops power suddenly and i think,but not sure that its gone up 500 to 1000 rpm before the power kicks in so a bit more sluggish before the power band???? before she could barely do 11k max if I recall correctly.
Maybe it was due to the road/traffic conditions a bit but only managed around 100 km/h so i think a little better than before in terms of speed, I recall at the weekend amaya hitting 96 km/h maxed out?? hummm? This makes me think of going to a 15/53 sprocket as currently I'm on a 14/53??

Thoughts welcome

Cheers.
Last edited by Berkeley on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Yasuni Action

Post by toratora » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm

It looks great. Comparing the two pipes it’s clear how the Yasuni is a more modern aggressive design. Times change!

Siting next to the V I can tell that your next steps are going to be solo seat, and red wheels!! :paw_prints:

1 x