Create a thread about your bike.
Gxmazz

Honda RS85 Track Project

Post by Gxmazz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:39 pm

So i picked up a moto 3!

1994 Honda RS125rf with a 2000 CR85 motor

Motor has recently been rebuilt. Bored and sleeved to 95cc

Keihin Pwk 28mm carb

Don't really know the details on the pipe but it has a terrible exhaust leak which many smokers call 2 stroke splooging.

the rear disk is loose, needs some new crush washers i think. Been racking the web for all the details i need to know about tuning this thing. Starting to get the concept down after digging into the carb last night.

Im starting with new tires...thats turning into a chore now as well...

I may have some luck getting the Sava slicks but well see. I ordered a new exhaust flange, o-rings, hi temp permatex sealant, exhaust springs, still deciding on a muffler. Im looking at either the pro circuit or fmf turbinecore. once i get the leak sealed up ill be able to properly rejet. Ill start with the pilot jet and go from there. i usually start rich and work my way down. it was bogging at WOT so the needle will need to be tweaked. So that'll take some time....maybe a new carb to just skip the bs

other plans include: r6 clutch perch and lever, paint for the tank and tail section, prolly a new tail section in the future, this one is kinda of...bulbus....

i want to figure out some slide protection for the inevitable....looks like rain for the next few weeks so i have some time to get the parts in and installed...more updates to come!

Peace!
G
► Show Spoiler
1 x

Gxmazz

Re: HONDA RS85 Track Project

Post by Gxmazz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 pm

2 x

Gxmazz

Post by Gxmazz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 am

Update:

Got the exhaust header all figured out and nice and tight. I got the new exhaust flange. New Springs, Changed the oil. Throttle response is much better still need to look at the carb and figure out whats in there. But felt good going up and down the street :)

Rob and I went up to treats and i picked up a SAVA Slick Rear tire. Highly recommend it.

2 x

toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

Post by toratora » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Looking good. I hear you cats are off to the track this week. :)
0 x