Create a thread about your bike.
toratora
Replica: Derbi GPR
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: SoCal

Post by toratora » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Oh and for you SoCal cats. Chris Foster is back in Sandy Eggo for a bit. I'm thinking of making a moto adventure and trailering some bikes down. I really want to go riding in the hills by the Rock Store, and maybe take the track bike out to Apex or something. I need to chat with Chris about when a good time will be, but probably pretty soon. Let me know if you're interested. ;)
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Stage6

Post by toratora » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Steve / AF1 Racing wrote:Stage 6 is great stuff, never had much luck finding a reliable vendor for them though.
I was looking for something for someone, and I saw this post again. Maxiscoot has these now of course, but Treats is now carrying, or can get any of the Stage6 parts. So now you don't have to shop out of the country. ;)
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Double D

Post by toratora » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:39 pm

After all the fun riding yesterday, I felt the need for some more! I rode the little stroker to the D-Store to watch the GP race, and then visited the Ducati folks out at Fort Mason where they were demoing the Scramblers. Had a really nice ride home too. Such a fun bike! :lover:

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Fluids

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:39 pm

J asked me about fluids for his Derbi, and well other people probably want to know this stuff too.

For the transmission I generally run the Motul Transoil. There are two versions. Either is fine. I usually get the one that's a couple of dollars more.

The Euro2 engine takes about 650ml. The 3 is probably pretty close to the same.

For coolant I've been running the PDI coolant made for mini race bikes.

For the brakes I also run Motul.

For pre-mix the Motul 800 is great. If you live in a warm climate you can run this with injectors, but if you live where it gets could it's probably better to run 710 or something made for injectors. I will also run Redline, or Castrol. Basically any good oil is fine with these bikes. One year it actually got cold around here, and so I sourced a case of snowmobile oil. :)

jwelsh5 wrote:Hello,

Thanks for all of your help and advice thus far with my Derbi project! I wanted to get your opinion on fluids for the bike. Mainly coolant and trans fluid. Any preferred options? Anything good that can be found at the standard auto parts store?

Thanks
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Moto Envy

Post by toratora » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

This weekend I went up to Eureka with Nicco to check out the Moto Envy show at the Black Lightning Cafe. I'll be posting more photos, but I wanted to share this one. The riding was just awesome. :)

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Equinox Prep

Post by toratora » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

With the Equinox ride coming up on Saturday I've some work to get done on the bikes! First up was swapping out the pipe. The previous pipe broke when I went on the Monterey ride. I had bought a Derbi pipe from Steven which I was planning to use on the Red bike, but well that's a project that is getting ever further into the future! :eek: I decided to use it on this bike. The problem it turned out is that it doesn't have any mounting points on it! I had to get creative. Not so sure that it will work, but it seems good enough for now.

I had a bugger of a time getting the bolt out that holds the silencer clamp. Eventually I got creative with some wrench placement and was able to remove it, but damn it did not want to budge.

This pipe come out considerably higher than the other pipe. Which is nice because it does a better job of clearing the plastics. But it did mean that the silencer support was too long. Unable to make a proper modification I had to do something a bit temporary—which will probably end up being less temporary! :lol:

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Malossi Time

Post by toratora » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Put a little bit of effort into the Malossi bike today getting it ready for Saturday. Upgraded it to the round blinkers.

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: D-Store, MotoGP, Wiz, and SF Rompin'

Post by toratora » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Rob D and I rode strokers over to the D-Store to watch the MotoGP race. After which we rode over to Wiz Burgers (the older burger place in SF) for some lunch. Then we rode to the Height to pick up is friend who rode another stroker. The three of us then did a nice ride through some of the fun twisty roads in SF. Again fantastic weather. So much fun to be riding these bikes!

0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: Love Love Love

Post by toratora » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:39 pm

PocketFighter wrote:so much love in this thread lol makes me want another 50cc stroker!

awesome thread my friend
They are super fun! I had so much fun riding the PMPR today that I sometimes wonder why I have bigger bikes. lolz
0 x

toratora
Cagiva Mito
Cobra CX65
Aprilia RS50

The Red Power: 236 October 1st, 2017

Post by toratora » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:39 pm

I rode down to 236 today. I was planning on going to the track, but didn't finish the bike so I decided that I was still going to go riding. My buddy Shawn was going to go with, but he was conscripted into helping a friend move. Oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The bike ran really well. I'm blown away by how much fun I can have on this bike. The weather was perfect, and the roads mostly clear of debris. There was a little bit of traffic on the way down 1, but other than that there wasn't anything that I couldn't easily get around.

236 is actually quite a distance from my place, and of course I didn't want to take a direct route. I ended up taking 1 to Stage, then Pescadero to Alpine, and then 35 to 9 to 236. It was a nice twisty route. Once in Bolder Creek I did the usually stop at the Foster's Freeze for lunch. The way back was more direct, but I went back through 236 again. It's like a kart track. I'm seriously befuddled as to why it's not just crawling with young kids doing laps on their minis.

First gas stop.

Entering Stage. Last year they repaved Stage. It was totally awesome for about three weeks, and then they chip sealed it. Most of the gravel from the seal has been driven off, and it's actually a fun road again--but nothing like when it was in kart track mode last year!

At the south end of Stage is the little Mexican restaurant/minimart/gas station. It usually takes a bit longer there due to the line, but I like that it's a mom and pop shop so I usually buy gas there.

Right after Stage is Pescadero. Super fun road. I actually enjoy this road on both the little bikes and the big bikes. This photo is at the East end where it meets up with Alpine.

Alpine is one of the more tight twisty roads in the mountains. There is a peak/ intersection where people usually stop and hang out a bit. Nice place to snap a photo too.

On the East side of Alpine I saw someone had ridden off the road. I actually knew some of the riders. The crasher was mostly okay. He would have been totally fine if he wore a bit more gear. His knee got chewed up a bit, and his R6 went over the edge. It's the blue bike in the second photo.

Another famous spot—Four Corners. This is where 35 and 9 meet up. There's a nice swoopy curve from 35 South to 9 West, but I skipped it for this Kodac Moment.

After The Nine, is 236—the total jewel of the mountain! I didn't stop much for photos because, well, it's just too much fun riding 236! The road is also known as Big Basin because of the Big Basin Park. Yup many tall redwoods to be seen.

After 236 it's back to 9 for a short hop to The Freeze.

After lunch it's gas up at the American on 9 and 236, then back up 236!

On the way home I did a quick pit stop at STP. For people keeping count I did four gas stops. Each time I got around a gallon. Sometimes a little more, some times a little less. I probably used about three and a half for the whole trip.

0 x